Whether you’re trying to sell your car for an upgrade or need the money for something else, you’d naturally want to get the maximum value for it. And the very first thing you need to understand to achieve that is to know how much your car is worth. You should know that the make and model, year, brand, mileage, and physical condition of a vehicle affect its price tag.
You also need to understand the different marketplaces where you can sell your car and how much you can get from each option. There is a trade-in option where you can get the appropriate trade-in value. You are usually offered an amount close to the car’s trade-in value at a dealer. Lastly, if you sell to a private party, you can expect to receive a “clean retail” price.
No matter what option you decide on, it will be beneficial to follow some valuable tips on getting the maximum return for your car. Read on to know more.
Tips on How to Get More Money for Your Car
An organized approach to selling your used car will increase your chance of turning a good deal into a much better one. Work through some of the steps below to give you a more precise road map to getting the most money when you sell.
- Look at the different options for selling your car. Depending on where you live, you can easily research the nearest dealership and what offers they have. Trading your car is great if you want to sell fast and conveniently. There is no cost for listing and marketing if you go this route.
- You can also sell the car yourself. In this option, you get to negotiate directly with the buyer and save money because there is no overhead cost on the sale. But, if you want a quick and easy way, you can take an instant cash offer.
- Make sure that all the documents are complete. For a hassle-free and quick selling process, ensure you have all the necessary documents prepared before the sale. You must prepare the car title, service records, history report, and the original sales paperwork. Getting all these ready will save you time, and it also helps in building trust.
- Prepare your car for the sale. Even if you’re someone who takes care of your car, it will be in your best interest to fix minor issues before listing it for sale. A simple broken door level, hairline cracks in the windshield, a noisy exhaust, or other mechanical problems must be fixed. You don’t want to sell your car on an “as is” basis and get a reduced price.
- Check the interior and remove all personal items, trash, and debris. You should also clean the dashboard, mirrors, and seats and wash the carpets. Stickers and magnets must also go. Lastly, inspect the tires to see if they need replacement.
- Understand price negotiations. Choosing the right sales price is also necessary when selling your car. You can try getting a mechanic’s assistance or get a dealership appraisal. You could ask for a higher price if you get new tires or brakes before selling.
When negotiating, you should set the lowest offer you can accept. This is more valuable if you are selling directly to a third party. Let the buyer take the lead in negotiations but stay within your lowest acceptable amount.
How to Get the Best Deals from OfferMORE?
At OfferMORE, we offer clients a hassle-free method of selling their used cars. We have established a unique selling system that guarantees you’ll always get the best value and ease of sale ratio. Here are three reasons to sell your car to us and how you can get the best deals:
- We beat dealer offers. We are different from most dealerships because we don’t sell cars. So, if you come to us, you can count on us to give you the best deal possible. Get an appraisal from other dealers like CarMax and will beat what they offer.
- We pay more. Aside from beating dealer offers, we also pay more. We can give you $500 to $1000 more than the competitor dealership’s appraisal value.
- We offer special deals. We offer special deals, and you can get bonus incentives for selling a specific make and model of car. Check our deals page on our website to know the latest offer.
OfferMORE buys all makes and models, and services areas in Pinellas County. We buy used BMW, Ford, Honda, Toyota, Mazda, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Nissan, Hyundai, Subaru, Volkswagen, Kia, etc.